Man Gets Second Degree Burns After E-Cigarette Explodes In His Pants

Charlie Blacks II February 25th 2016 Tech
We all have our vices, some of which are unusual. Some of us like to workout excessively, some of us like to over eat, some of us like to hit the bottle, and some of us like to smoke. We’ve known about the dangers of overdoing anything for a long time now, and how everything should be done in moderation, especially for those who choose to smoke. Luckily, with modern technology on our side we’ve been able to find some alternatives to smoking tobacco. There are many ways to avoid buying cigarettes now. You can vape, which is a positive alternative or you can purchase temporary e-cigarettes to scratch that tobacco itch. But unfortunately, with these types of technologies there has been a major flaw that has been sending people to the emergency room… Take a look at this video of a man making a routine stop at a local Kentucky gas station.
The victim, Josh Hamilton was approaching a Shell gas station counter in Owensboro, Kentucky when his pants decided to spark like a piccolo pete on July 4th. As you can see in the video, the man’s pants quickly go up in flames like Michael Jackson shooting a Pepsi commercial… Ok, we’re done with the corny jokes, for now. The surveillance video shows Hamilton struggling to take his pants off as he runs outside. Luckily, the gas station employees were there to help extinguish the fire before things got any worse, while others looked on in confusion. Hamilton was taken to a nearby hospital to treat the second degree burns from his exploding e-cigarette battery. Josh is in stable condition, but now is down one pair of pants.
For those of you who don’t know, this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Last year, a man was smoking his vaporizer when it exploded in his face sending him into a coma. Luckily, he’s in stable condition these days as well. For some reason, these vaporizers and electronic cigarettes are designed with coils that overheat easily causing severe burns and injuries to their users. It looks like whoever is designing these things needs to go back to the drawing board and make sure that these devices have the proper cooling technology, or we could see a large amount of lawsuits headed in the direction of alternative smoking devices. Regardless, we’re glad Josh was able to avoid becoming the crotch version of Two-Face. Get well soon man!

Comments:

Also Trending:

Connect With JellyShare :
Trending Now :